Newbie Thread -> introduce yourself

Talk about anything you like

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

xristie9

Re: Newbie Thread -> introduce yourself

Post by xristie9 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:45 pm

Hope to get along well... I am working on something right now... I hope it will be finished soon.. can´t wait to show you something, it will be actualy my first time openly sharing my stuff... :oops:

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:42 am

I'm sure you'll get along just fine. ^_^

When you're ready to post your artwork, create a thread for your works in the Art Talk section and, whenever you're ready to upload new artwork, just upload everything there. Reviving your personal art thread with new art or status updates, no matter how old it gets, is okay.

Looking forward to seeing your stuff. (^_^)/

Peptalk

Post by Peptalk » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:17 pm

Hi I'm Peptalk and before you ask about y i chose the nick-name it is because i am always the mediator for my friends and family (and sometimes for people i just met..?)
i like to read and draw manga. i have had some of my art published but not for manga. my favorite things in school are English and art and being a manga-ka or trainee sounds like fun....
i have one problem though: if i create a story i can't think of what kind of characters to put in it and if i create a character i usually find it hard to create a story for them.... is it just me or do others have this problem.
Onee

jeriokelive

Post by jeriokelive » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:00 am

I am assuming it's safe to post here, though the last post was a while ago.

I'm Jerry, a mostly self-taught artist, who only recently started focusing on developing a Manga style. I have won art contests in school for my nature environments and animals in charcoal and chalk. But that was a LONG time ago and every finished work that I had went up in flames during a house fire that destroyed everything I owned in 2005 that wasn't stored at my parents.
That tragedy caused me to stop making art until recently. During that time, I started making music and joined a band. DJed for karaoke shows, and that is where I got my alias. I've played around for a couple of years and at many venues. Though I am nowhere near famous, I have played for close to 10,000 people, once, and for a charity event. During that time, I also met my current wife. She bought me the first sketch-pad I have owned, since the fire, for our first anniversary.

And here I am again. Doing my best to make art.

I have a manga project that I have just started and I am using it to learn what I should and shouldn't do in writing and drawing manga. The most difficult parts for me will be the action sequences and keeping everything consistent as I am used to creating a new and different piece of art every-time I pick up a pen or pencil. Drawing the same characters over and over and in different poses is a challenge that I am excited to take on.

Mactire

Post by Mactire » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:28 am

I think I'm going to have to post here. Even though I'm not new to the forums.
Well, I am new to these forums. I see they have changed since the last time I visited.
And that's not a big surprise. Ive been away for a long, long time.

I drew a lot when I was still at school. Then I finished school, started to work and study on the side and work some more...
I stopped drawing in the end. And even though Mangaworkshop has always had a spot in my bookmarks, I stopped visiting long ago.

To cut a long story short, I intend to pick up my drawing again. And since I've always liked these forums and the members I came back. Home ^_^

Zephio
MWS moderator

Post by Zephio » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:30 pm

Welcome back! Hope you get to posting some of your art soon. :D

(The more activity on the forums, the better lol)

GrideCartoonist

Post by GrideCartoonist » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:47 pm

Hey, y'all.

I'm a little nervous, as I'm usually not the social type. But I saw this community and thought, here is a place with artists like me, interested in manga and anime. So, what the heck, I'll join up.

I'm DC Gride (pen name), Cartoonist, and I love manga. I actually love comics of all kinds, but Manga is my current favorite, and has been for about 15 years now.

I have made manga before, and am still learning the ropes, even now. That said, what I lack in work experience, I make up for in knowledge and education.

I look forward to sharing my knowledge and my art with all of you. I want to teach and learn at the same time.

Until later,

DC Gride, Cartoonist

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forums!

jurirenee

Post by jurirenee » Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:41 pm

Hello there
I haven't posted in the forums before, but I have been working hard on my self published manga.
My name is Juri Renee

my manga is old school shoujo and magical girl with yuri elements.

I hope to find a way to promote my work through tumblr, Facebook and Amazon.com

to learn more please respond with questions, I appreciate your good will in helping me learn the complicate world of forums.

Thank you
Juri Renee

jazylh

Post by jazylh » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:08 pm

Hey Everyone,

I've been lurking around the site for a little over 3 months & finally thought I'd join. My name is Jazyl & I'm an Animation professional/Illustrator from Mumbai ,India. To be honest I recently started advertising on the site through Project Wonderful for my manga styled webcomic the Beast Legion. And I'm really overwhelmed by the response it's been receiving from here. I'll leave that for another thread though. so I just thought I'd get a chance to connect with you fellow mangakas & manga enthusiasts. Looking forward to making new friends . :D

silentmusings

Post by silentmusings » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:17 am

Hey guys! So i'm a newbie here. I'm from Bengal,India and i'm a manga writer. An aspiring one at that. To be honest i suck at drawing. Hope to find future collaborations here.
Anyway,
Nomoskar :D