First manga ever?

Here you can talk about anything anime and manga related.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Def Character
Mod-Squad Captain
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

First manga ever?

Post by Def Character » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:05 am

I had some spare time and made a search for the oldest manga known.

I stumbled on the Japanese artist Hokusai, who was the first one to use the word Manga. And to acompany our lazy members I put in a link to those early works from the year 1834

:arrow: View historical pages here... :!:

Well what do you think... :?:

acidmm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by acidmm » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:17 am

interesting

from what i can tell it looks like eac page has its own story iam prombly
wrong but its cool that u had time to find this good work man

Touzoku-joou

Post by Touzoku-joou » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:24 am

See, if more manga looked like that, I probably would rant about crappy art styles so much. 8D

Saintarsenic

Post by Saintarsenic » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:44 am

I see Trees

reminds me of Mushishi.

FirstBorn
The Big Cheese

Re: First manga ever?

Post by FirstBorn » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:24 pm

Def Character wrote:Well what do you think... :?:
I thought PokeMon was the first manga ever?!
[END JOKE]

Nice fact, Def C. ^_~

Az

Post by Az » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:38 pm

saint's right, it does remind of mushishi
lululu luk @ me im on the internets

Excalibur

Post by Excalibur » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:27 pm

Cool. Too bad it's in Japanese.
"I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born." -Ronald Reagan

If you believe the big bang, please consider this http://tiny.cc/QAzgk

Dominion

Post by Dominion » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:49 am

I studied Hokusai in High School, I did a huge project on him and painted some beautiful water paitings for it ^_^

I even bough some of his paintings about a year back, they will be going up in my room shortly :D
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

If you agree Aether is a cute kitty, put Mr Huggles in your sig now :3

Aether
Location: the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear

Post by Aether » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:49 pm

I once heard he ate children's souls through their heads to fuel his creativity...

Urban legend though...

pencil

Post by pencil » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:02 pm

:shock: ..... thats a crazzy ass legend Aether how did you get thet :?:

Aether
Location: the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear

Post by Aether » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:04 pm

I made it up...

pencil

Post by pencil » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:05 pm

hahaha thats funny :D