What was your first anime?

Here you can talk about anything anime and manga related.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

MiNi

Post by MiNi » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:53 pm

Yeah , your right ;) hehehe :D

FireVixen

Post by FireVixen » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:17 pm

my first anime was salior moon, and some silly old cartoon called mummies alive. LOL! i still can't believe i used to watch mummies alive. i really wasn't that good. after that i was introduced to dbz, digimon and escaflowne.

Ryan86

Post by Ryan86 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:53 am

for me I'ts "Ahiru no Quack". It was when I was like 4 years old and I really liked it. I watched all the episodes of it.
The Laws of Anime
#5 - Law of Mechanical Mobility, Second Law of Anime Motion
The larger a mechanical device is, the faster it moves. Armored Mecha are the fastest objects known to human science.

kirarakitty

Post by kirarakitty » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:31 am

[quote] LOL! i still can't believe i used to watch mummies alive.

I watched that but I don't think that was an anime, but that was a while ago so it could have been. But the first was Sailor Moon, Transformers, Pokemon, Digimon, one of those.... they all came out around the same. But all you have to add to that list is Card Captors and it's all good.

We've come a long way since then.....
I shall sweat blood for but don't you cry a single tear from your crimsion eyes.

Brickwallfish

Post by Brickwallfish » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:29 am

*deleted*
Last edited by Brickwallfish on Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kage

Post by kage » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:03 pm

My first one was DBZ, there's this anime from years ago, it's called BTX, anyone know this? i got really into it and i can't find it anywhere now.. :cry:
haro genki! omae mo na :)

Sacha

Post by Sacha » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:47 pm

Def Character wrote:Ehr... Heidi, War of the planets, Candy-Candy and robotech
Same here... lets ad some:

Niels Holgerson, Treasure Island, Remi, Jason and the wheeled warriors (not sure if thats anime though... it was to long ago!)

First anime I saw when I knew it was anime: Saint Seiya!.... in french! And I don't speak french.... and it still rocked!

Az

Post by Az » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:53 pm

Niels Holgerson? Nils Holgersson?
By GOD it's that guy who gets shrinked by a ... mini-santa and flies around on a goose isn't it?

I've seen that too.
He's on our 20-crown bills actually
lululu luk @ me im on the internets

Touzoku-joou

Post by Touzoku-joou » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:48 am

Well, TECHNICALLY, my first anime was Maya the Bee. I used to watch it all the time when I was like... 2 or 3. :/ And then I later watched Sailor Moon and such on occasion. But I never really watched an anime and recognized it as such (as in, "This is Japanese") until Pokemon came along. 8D The rest is history.

Reanni_Tamairi

WHOA!

Post by Reanni_Tamairi » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:37 pm

I was sooooo young back then I didn't even know it was anime. It had to be Salior Moon. I was sooo little I didn't know any better. It was a time I know as the Pink era. When I was preppy, and had a pink bedroom and I luved Salior Moon. I still sorta like it, but I don't really know. :? hmm... Do I?

However, my second anime was Yu Yu Hakusho. I was still very little. It was the new millenium. I was only 8 and Yu Yu Hakusho was on Adult Swim or something. I saw a commercial for Inuyasha that time, so that's how I know. Actually, I was 6 when this happened. I know watch Inuyasha, D.N.Angel, Jing the King Of Bandits!, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Fruits Basket. Sometimes, I watch Chobits. It's cool. OH AND FMA FMA FMA!! That was my 4th anime.
I'm going to steal your heart.

Signed, Reanni Image

nightwind

Post by nightwind » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:18 pm

Mine were Pokemon and DBZ my gosh ^^ that's almost 10 years ago
Go! Go! Banana's! wO.Ot

Aether
Location: the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear

My first?

Post by Aether » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:40 am

FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST!
My first anime, and the best. Still my favorite, it got me into anime.

VIIStar

Post by VIIStar » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:01 pm

Akira and Ghost in the Shell

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:30 am

Though I watched Transformers and Voltron as a kid, Teknoman ("Tekkaman Blade" in Japan) was the show that got me actively into anime. Since Dragonball aired at the same time as Teknoman every Sunday, I didn't start watching it until after Teknoman was canceled.

As for Sailor Moon, that was my guilty pleasure every morning before I went to school back when I was in junior high.

VIIStar

Post by VIIStar » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:14 am

Ceta wrote:As for Sailor Moon, that was my guilty pleasure every morning before I went to school back when I was in junior high.
... cute.
why do i find that so unexpected??

i had friends that lived sailor moon... kept finding new people all through college that loved it too... never got into it myself.