What was your first anime?

Here you can talk about anything anime and manga related.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

jony91

Post by jony91 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:49 pm

Saint seya and Captain tsubasa

Excalibur

Post by Excalibur » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:51 pm

.Hack//SIGN. The only thing I remembered before watching it again online was one scene of Tsukasa sitting against a fountain thing with his staff, and then his markings, staff, and hat. Stupid Cartoon Network though ofcourse cut it off like every other anime so far besides Naruto. Which I believe will go to Shippuuden. Just 20 more episodes and fillers end! Then, back to the .Hack story. One day me and my brother wanted to know exactly which one it was, and so, we tried looking for it, then searched on Youtube of what we remembered of it (Kid(Tsukasa.) gets sucked into a computer game and can't logout.) and found nothing. Then on AOL Radio I then I was listening to the Anime Scores one and they had a song from ".Hack//SIGN" and I asked a friend from another forum I'm on what .Hack//SIGN was and he(Or she, I think it's a she but don't know.) said he didn't know so I searched it on Youtube and started watching the first episode. Ofcourse, though I didn't know it was ".Hack" I thought it was "Hack//SIGN" not "dot", so untill I looked it up on Wiki I didn't know that. And that one scene is what told me it was SIGN not, say, .Hack//ROOTS or something. .Hack rocks! Now I also watch Naruto though. But the only Japanese one of it that I'm associated with now is the manga. Stopped watching Shippuuden. But that doesn't really matter, just 20 more weaks and it's here in the US. But I don't get why they just don't skip the stinkin' fillers already! It's there in Japan so all they have to do is get the rights to it and translate it.
"I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born." -Ronald Reagan

If you believe the big bang, please consider this http://tiny.cc/QAzgk

ashtonfarell

Post by ashtonfarell » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:27 am

My first anime that i watched was Sailor Moon. I watched it when I was like about 4 years old. Back then I didn't know what was anime until I started middle school.

Sabuhiro

Post by Sabuhiro » Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:21 pm

Obviously Sailor moon or Pokémon... But I didn't even know about the term manga and anime back then.

I think my real first anime would be Naruto. Some friends talked me into trying it and suddenly I felt like tattooing "Narutard" onto my forehead. And that's also the first time I ever fangirled a character, Gaara.

R0B3R7

Post by R0B3R7 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:04 am

This is pretty much a "dead thread", which means nobody has posted on it in several months. Notice the last post was in February 6^^

But it's no big deal, just look at the last post.
dA
“Getting ahead...requires avid faith in yourself. ...Some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go so much further than people with vastly superior talent.” -Sophia Loren

lalulweeb914

Post by lalulweeb914 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:00 am

If you don't count Hayao Miyazaki films, mine first would be Kuroshitsuji... my reaction: WTF???

Watched one episode of it (didn't start watching it again until recently) and then watched Naruto... everything just built up from there :)

will2power

Post by will2power » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:29 am

I got caught up in Escaflowne when they were showing it on Fox. That damndest thing was that they stopped airing the episodes before the show was finished. Back then finding Anime on VHS was a no go, so I had to wait ten years to see the end of it. My brother actually got tired of hearing me tell the tale, and bought the complete DVD collection for me for Christmas a few years ago.

BlueHeartShinigami

Post by BlueHeartShinigami » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:53 pm

For me, it would have to be Gatchaman ( or G-Force, Battle Of The Planets).

I recall watching it on Cartoon Network back when I was 5. I never really liked it that much, to be honest.
Confidence, be my shield.
Pride, be my blade,
Perseverance, be my plated armor.
With it, I cannot lose.

Jojo_the_mangaka

Post by Jojo_the_mangaka » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:25 am

Fruits Basket 8)
Do you wonder why you hate? Are you still too weak to survive your mistakes?

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:09 am

dragonball z for me. one of my cousins had a bunch of tapes of unsubbed and undubbed anime. i had no idea what was being said in any of them, but it's not like dbz is particularly hard to follow...then i was like obsessed with it for a loooong long while before finally discovering that there was much, much better anime out there than dragonball z.

REM

Post by REM » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:20 pm

RANMA 1/2....to this day..can't find a funnier anime....

animegirl19

Post by animegirl19 » Mon May 02, 2011 4:00 am

Sailor Moon!

BourbonBlues

Re: What was your first anime?

Post by BourbonBlues » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:43 pm

I'm old. I used to watch Battle Of The Planets and Star Blazers as a kid.

mangaka16

Post by mangaka16 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:06 am

DragonBall Z.. or Pokemon, I don't really remember...

nasagi15

Post by nasagi15 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:12 pm

Mine was Sailor Moon I remember Clearly lol