Artist needed

Here you can talk about anything anime and manga related.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

Ayio

Artist needed

Post by Ayio » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:14 am

I've written a manga myself and i was thinking of getting it published, i am looking for a artist to read my manga so far and create the art for it, i wanted the art in a normal manga style, in the blocks, you would be doing all the art work and i would be writing it, so if you want to help me out just let me know so i can send you my story so far

R0B3R7

Post by R0B3R7 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:15 pm

well, you should probably give more information about the story and publishing and stuff. There are thousands of people who write a manga and want other people to draw it, but the reality is that if you're looking for an artist in the far corners of the internet your manga probably won't get published. Not to be rude or anything.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but drawing a graphic novel of any kind, even a relatively short one, is a HUGE time commitment, especially for not being paid
dA
“Getting ahead...requires avid faith in yourself. ...Some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go so much further than people with vastly superior talent.” -Sophia Loren

Peaceout99

Post by Peaceout99 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:41 pm

it's a bit of a shame i personally think its better if you were the one to draw it. You can always learn and with practices your story may actually be published

crowheart

Post by crowheart » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:37 pm

I am one of those people with no drawing potential, so I understand the need for an artist.

People do need more information though.

You'll probably need to build trust here. Get some good posts in.

That's what I'm doing
Beyond the reach of human range

A drop of Hell, a touch of strange

Stephen King:
The Dark Tower I-The Gunslinger