Elfen Lied

Here you can talk about anything anime and manga related.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

Savage Hunter

Elfen Lied

Post by Savage Hunter » Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:11 am

I don't know if anyone made a thread about this before, but I just read the whole thing a bit ago. I thought it was pretty good. The art wasn't great though. The stroyline was good but the end made no snese to me. What are your thoughts if you've read it?
"La tristesse durera toujours... (The sadness will last forever...)" - Vincent Van Gogh

"I wish I could throw off the thoughts which poison my happiness, but I take a kind of pleasure in indulging them." - Frederic Chopin

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:20 pm

I only got around to watching the anime. It was good, but very short. Haven't gotten around to reading the manga, but I guess when I have time I will. Before that, however, I need to finish reading all the other manga that I have.

Savage Hunter

Post by Savage Hunter » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:14 am

The manga is pretty short too. Only 107 chapters. But yeah, I just stumbled across it reading something someone said about it. Being a fourteen year old boy I checked it out after I heard someone mention it had boobies in it. :) But then I found out it was a pretty good manga.
"La tristesse durera toujours... (The sadness will last forever...)" - Vincent Van Gogh

"I wish I could throw off the thoughts which poison my happiness, but I take a kind of pleasure in indulging them." - Frederic Chopin

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:31 am

Testosterone.

lol.
Fate rarely calls upon us at the moment of our choosing. - Optimus Prime

major banana

Post by major banana » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:56 am

It could have been better if they:

a. changed the characters 'look' to something more cowboy bebop-ish, like more realistic instead of love hina. If you're getting blood and such violence in there, don't use that kind of style.

b. lose the retarded fanservice or at least try to do better

c. learn to draw a person split in half or with ripped off limbs. That means no clean cut without intestants falling out or cut muscles or blood dripping out.

that kinda ruined the whole thing for me. The game F E A R did the whole thing much better and like its supposed to be done.

Savage Hunter

Post by Savage Hunter » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:36 pm

major banana wrote:That means no clean cut without intestants falling out or cut muscles or blood dripping out.
I didnt understand this sentence very well.
major banana wrote:It could have been better if they:

a. changed the characters 'look' to something more cowboy bebop-ish, like more realistic instead of love hina. If you're getting blood and such violence in there, don't use that kind of style. .
I didn't mind the style used. I feel that if they used a cowboy bebop style it would have bored me. Too much of the same is boring and a different style to go with it made it more enjoyable for me.
major banana wrote:b. lose the retarded fanservice or at least try to do better .
I ignored that. Try to do the same.
that kinda ruined the whole thing for me. The game F E A R did the whole thing much better and like its supposed to be done.
I haven't played that game yet... :p F.E.A.R was meant to be creepy, I think Elfen Lied was meant to be smart...ish. It wasn't creepy, just intense. F.E.A.R is different from Elfen Lied, from a few points that I wont care to mention.

Caffeine

Post by Caffeine » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:08 pm

major banana wrote: a. changed the characters 'look' to something more cowboy bebop-ish, like more realistic instead of love hina. If you're getting blood and such violence in there, don't use that kind of style.
They kinda did this in Higurashi too, but I thought it was funny. Cute girl!-COMING TO KILL YOU!
But moe is really getting old.
You can't get rid of me.
Deviantart: here

major banana

Post by major banana » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:39 pm

Savage Hunter wrote:I didnt understand this sentence very well.
no
Savage Hunter wrote:I didn't mind the style used. I feel that if they used a cowboy bebop style it would have bored me. Too much of the same is boring and a different style to go with it made it more enjoyable for me.
no
Savage Hunter wrote:I ignored that. Try to do the same.
no
Savage Hunter wrote:I haven't played that game yet... :p F.E.A.R was meant to be creepy, I think Elfen Lied was meant to be smart...ish. It wasn't creepy, just intense.
no

Savage Hunter

Post by Savage Hunter » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:05 am

major banana wrote:
Savage Hunter wrote:I didnt understand this sentence very well.
no
Savage Hunter wrote:I didn't mind the style used. I feel that if they used a cowboy bebop style it would have bored me. Too much of the same is boring and a different style to go with it made it more enjoyable for me.
no
Savage Hunter wrote:I ignored that. Try to do the same.
no
Savage Hunter wrote:I haven't played that game yet... :p F.E.A.R was meant to be creepy, I think Elfen Lied was meant to be smart...ish. It wasn't creepy, just intense.
no
mature.

major banana

Post by major banana » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:24 pm

Mature? You ask for my opinion, i give it, you quote it and say that every sentence of my post is wrong. Not that i expected a 'mature' reply from you.

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:42 pm

Well, in his defense he provided some semblance of explanation. And opinion is opinion if someone doesn't agree with you get over it don't go spouting off on eachother.

It's annoying for the rest of us. ^_~

major banana

Post by major banana » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:26 pm

Do you mean the rest of us that turn almost every topic into a general bullshit thread. Yea it's so annoying.

That means no clean cut without intestants falling out or cut muscles or blood dripping out.
Instead of pulling her arms out, gutting her or slicing her in half, with organs falling all over the place, Lucy does this:

and then they put these perfect white mummy-bandages around it. I know it's probably because of budget restraints, but these little details and better animation would turn it into a top anime instead of a mediocre one.

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:57 pm

Being too strict about topic is more annoying than mild derails in my opinion.

Also, what I was referring to was derails in the form of mindless arguing not just random shit.

R0B3R7

Post by R0B3R7 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:29 pm

poor lucy
in that comic or manga or whichever it is she's dead right? they're not actually saying she could be still alive...
dA
“Getting ahead...requires avid faith in yourself. ...Some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go so much further than people with vastly superior talent.” -Sophia Loren

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:41 pm

QUADRIPLEGIC! :D