Your personal history

Here you can talk about anything anime and manga related.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

User avatar
Kodos
Posts: 225
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:11 am
Location: Virgo Supercluster; Local Group; Milky Way Galaxy; Orion Spiral Arm; Sol; Earth
Contact:

Post by Kodos » Fri May 15, 2009 12:02 am

gatrosk wrote:
Kodos wrote:Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. and FMA are the only anime I love, particularly the former. I am, though, pretty fond of the UC Gundam stuff and a few others, but generally my feelings for these anime range from "like and interest" to "I do not actively dislike."

When I was younger and my taste was less refined I liked Gundam Wing, Dragon Ball Z (But even as a young Kodosling I thought the show went to hell after Frieza was dealt with.), and like most kids my age, I was in love with Digimon and Pokemon. Looking back on it, though, Digimon wasn't that bad, really, at least not the first season. That could be the rose tinted glasses of nostalgia talking, of course.
My brother and I worshiped Digimon when we were younger, while everyone else was obsessing over cheesy animals that couldn't talk we were watching a show where every monster's name had three letters in common.
In all seriousness though, Digimon was great. I never really got into Pokemon, especially after all paraphernalia concerning it was banned from my gradeschool. >.>

As for manga I read the Chobits series and absolutely loved it. When I was considerably younger I was obsessed with Sonic the Hedgehog comics, and that's really what got me into the whole comic scene.
It's a shame Sonic the Hedgehog degenerated into poorly drawn furry nonsense. Although I understand it's gotten better. The current writer is a Goon and actually has been doing a sort of recap of the whole series. Interesting siht.
"The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge."
~Bertrand Russell

User avatar
Savage Hunter
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:45 pm
Location: My Happy Place.

Post by Savage Hunter » Fri May 15, 2009 12:13 am

Caffeine wrote:
Kodos wrote:Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. and FMA are the only anime I love, particularly the former.
I highly recommend the FMA comic. I prefer comics as a general rule, but I think that the plot is more interesting, and the alchemy is a little more consistent.
That seems to make more sense seeing as I really didn't like the Anime... Maybe the manga will be better. The anime made little sense and there was too much talk about nothing important. Maybe the manga would be better.
"La tristesse durera toujours... (The sadness will last forever...)" - Vincent Van Gogh

"I wish I could throw off the thoughts which poison my happiness, but I take a kind of pleasure in indulging them." - Frederic Chopin

User avatar
gatrosk
Posts: 2676
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:19 pm
Location: Hiding...

Post by gatrosk » Fri May 15, 2009 1:37 am

Kodos wrote:It's a shame Sonic the Hedgehog degenerated into poorly drawn furry nonsense. Although I understand it's gotten better. The current writer is a Goon and actually has been doing a sort of recap of the whole series. Interesting shit.
Yeah I know, it was quite sad. That's mostly why I slowly grew out of obsession over it... but yes, I've heard it's gotten better, but it's been soooo long since I've read one of those.
Fate rarely calls upon us at the moment of our choosing. - Optimus Prime

User avatar
Caffeine
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:48 am
Location: embedded in pudding
Contact:

Post by Caffeine » Fri May 15, 2009 4:33 am

Savage Hunter wrote: That seems to make more sense seeing as I really didn't like the Anime... Maybe the manga will be better. The anime made little sense and there was too much talk about nothing important. Maybe the manga would be better.
Well, they're remaking the anime now, Funimation's been putting the subbed episodes online. I think it's called Fullmetal Alchemist: Brothers, or something close. My sister says the first couple of episodes are bad, but then it follows the manga pretty closely. It would be pretty neat if that continued, I want to see Ed and Lin's fight with Envy's true form animated! Aaagh I love Lin and Lanfan! And Armstrong's big sister!
I'm going to go read them and fangirl now.
And Hawkeye Vs. Lust!! That weird-ass thing Gluttony does! There was an entire volume of flashback to Ishbal! Hughes was there! OH HUGHEEEES!! Briggs! Reading that I think my temperature actually dropped!
You can't get rid of me.
Deviantart: here

nyarlathotep
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 1:15 am

Post by nyarlathotep » Fri May 15, 2009 4:52 am

FMA: Brotherhood, yeah. Funimation has them up, and Animethunder has links to the fansubbed version, which is like a week ahead of funimation perhaps.

My understanding is that the series is moving pretty fast to avoid spending too much time on what the previous anime already covered.

As far as my own history goes, I started off by watching anime and moved to manga because there's more of it :P Though, I did just finish watching Gungrave. I started off by watching a lot of of the more popular series, but I've been branching off to more obscure stuff now.
I read a whole lot of manga. A lot of Jump series, and that other magazine that has shonen stuff in it. And, um, far too many 'big' series.
My favorite manga right now is probably Until Death Do Us Part...good action, I guess. Or something.

Also, I can't finish this post without plugging my scanlation group's project, Dante's Divine Comedy (see URL for more info).
It is a badass series and those of you who haven't read the Divine Comedy will be better off for reading Go Nagai's adaptation.
For those of you that have read it, you can read it and then complain about inaccuracies! Fun for everyone. Now go read it.

User avatar
Caffeine
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:48 am
Location: embedded in pudding
Contact:

Post by Caffeine » Fri May 15, 2009 5:32 am

nyarlathotep wrote: Though, I did just finish watching Gungrave.
You know, I could only ever find the first episode of this? I only took a look because Nightow did the character designs, (And man do they have Nightow written ALL OVER THEM) but I was disappointed that was all I could find.
You can't get rid of me.
Deviantart: here

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Fri May 15, 2009 6:39 am

isamu wrote:Where could you put the review then because I love reading reviews about anything from anyone, so can you do a review about the Manga/Anime of it since you are good at doing almost everything like reviewing if you seen up to it or can do that for me.
maybe i'll start some sort of anime/manga review thread.
gatrosk wrote:My brother and I worshiped Digimon when we were younger, while everyone else was obsessing over cheesy animals that couldn't talk we were watching a show where every monster's name had three letters in common.
In all seriousness though, Digimon was great. I never really got into Pokemon, especially after all paraphernalia concerning it was banned from my gradeschool. >.>
i, too, was far more fond of digimon than pokemon. well, after the second season it kinda went downhill. but still better than pokemon. garurumon for the win.
nyarlathotep wrote:Also, I can't finish this post without plugging my scanlation group's project, Dante's Divine Comedy (see URL for more info).
It is a badass series and those of you who haven't read the Divine Comedy will be better off for reading Go Nagai's adaptation.
For those of you that have read it, you can read it and then complain about inaccuracies! Fun for everyone. Now go read it.
i picked up a copy of the divine comedy a while back and still haven't gotten around to reading it...i'll check this version out later, though.

oh! did anyone else love hamtaro as much as i did?

nyarlathotep
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 1:15 am

Post by nyarlathotep » Fri May 15, 2009 7:02 am

@Caffeine: Animethunder.com and anilinkz.com have all of Gungrave, that's how I watched it.

User avatar
gatrosk
Posts: 2676
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:19 pm
Location: Hiding...

Post by gatrosk » Fri May 15, 2009 12:37 pm

@ Random:

No, Greymon ftw. >.>
Fate rarely calls upon us at the moment of our choosing. - Optimus Prime

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Fri May 15, 2009 5:13 pm

no way, garurumon was way cooler than greymon. but i suppose this isn't the time or place for that argument.

User avatar
Caffeine
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:48 am
Location: embedded in pudding
Contact:

Post by Caffeine » Sat May 16, 2009 6:32 am

I loved patamon..
You can't get rid of me.
Deviantart: here

User avatar
Sedystra
Posts: 576
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:31 am
Location: Reimu++++

Post by Sedystra » Sat May 16, 2009 1:53 pm

Kazemon.
Hands down.
"until he was die but was not until the assassin was die before him/his death that was dead." -Isamu

User avatar
Aether
Posts: 1793
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:54 am
Location: the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear

Post by Aether » Sat May 16, 2009 2:17 pm

Caffeine wrote:Well, they're remaking the anime now, Funimation's been putting the subbed episodes online. I think it's called Fullmetal Alchemist: Brothers, or something close. My sister says the first couple of episodes are bad, but then it follows the manga pretty closely. It would be pretty neat if that continued, I want to see Ed and Lin's fight with Envy's true form animated! Aaagh I love Lin and Lanfan! And Armstrong's big sister!
I'm going to go read them and fangirl now.
And Hawkeye Vs. Lust!! That weird-ass thing Gluttony does! There was an entire volume of flashback to Ishbal! Hughes was there! OH HUGHEEEES!! Briggs! Reading that I think my temperature actually dropped!
*fangirls with Caff*
I can't wait to see it. It's gonna be so good. ^^
And they have Armstrong's sister?! :D
That will be awesome.

User avatar
R0B3R7
Posts: 2185
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:26 pm
Location: rocket llama
Contact:

Post by R0B3R7 » Sat May 16, 2009 6:34 pm

dude, war-grey-metal garurumon digimorph
dA
“Getting ahead...requires avid faith in yourself. ...Some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go so much further than people with vastly superior talent.” -Sophia Loren

User avatar
Caffeine
Posts: 1931
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:48 am
Location: embedded in pudding
Contact:

Post by Caffeine » Sat May 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Aether wrote: I can't wait to see it. It's gonna be so good. ^^
And they have Armstrong's sister?! :D
That will be awesome.
Oh man, I HOPE SO! She's so badass!
You can't get rid of me.
Deviantart: here

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests