Your favorite anatagonist/villian?

Here you can talk about anything anime and manga related.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

drawerkid

Your favorite anatagonist/villian?

Post by drawerkid » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:58 pm

I was going to make a poll but there are just too many villains out there to list, so I go for asking about it. So who or what is your favorite antagonist, I say antagonist instead of villain because a antagonist can be anything that makes conflict with protagonist but I bet you already knew that, and why do you like them/who/ what?

For me I got a couple, Orochimaru for one. I not much of a fan of the Naruto series, in fact at times I find it boring, but I will admit the creepy atmosphere that Kishimoto created for him is quite amazing. With pasty white-skin, eyes that seem to follow everywhere you go, and smile that makes you to punch him isn't a easy task. That is not only he gives that eerie; look at the manga or the anime, usually, whatever part he's in the backgrounds is given a darker tone or black out completely. In all, he's that character just want he own gain and could care less about the world once he obtain it. Through power-lust is a little clichéd, it seem to works for him quite well.

Aizen from Bleach, through I feel his introduction as a main antagonist seemed a little too perfect. However, the way Tite manages to turn the guy that, most thought, was a super nice guy into something totally opposite. Through I do feel that Tito Kubo may have given him a ability that's, a tad, on the almost invincible side; I still believe he will somehow reveal some type of weakness or something to balance him out.

Organization of Claymore, the minute I found out that they created Yoma for sake of using them as a perfect weapon, in a far-off and unseen land, was quite a surprise. It throws in that question, for me, who really bad guy, the creator or the creation? After all, war does push people to do stupid things. Introduction as a villain, as I said was a surprise, and will hopefully, with this story, not fall through.

I chose each one, because of something they have, something that most antagonists don't. A balance in some form or way, Aizen, I have yet to see the balance with his ability but Tite does an amazing job of giving each characters flaws and some type of quarks. Anyway, so who are your favorite antagonists? You don't have to descriptive like me so... yeah... have fun.
Last edited by drawerkid on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:06 pm

shun mitaka from maison ikkoku. he wasn't really such a bad guy, though he could definitely be a jerk sometimes. he just happened to be in love with kyoko, too, which puts him at odds with godai. plus what happens to him is pretty sad. i suppose it works out ok in the end though...i won't give away exactly what happens to him, because maison ikkoku is a fantastic series and everyone should read it and find out for themselves.

R0B3R7

Post by R0B3R7 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:33 am

i like lex luther baby style when he had a string of red hair... XD
hah jk...

but i'd say....the riddler cuz his riddles are awshum
dA
“Getting ahead...requires avid faith in yourself. ...Some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go so much further than people with vastly superior talent.” -Sophia Loren

gatrosk

Post by gatrosk » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:46 am

SEPHIROTH! haha.
Fate rarely calls upon us at the moment of our choosing. - Optimus Prime

R0B3R7

Post by R0B3R7 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:51 am

who's this sepharoth? O_o
dA
“Getting ahead...requires avid faith in yourself. ...Some people with mediocre talent, but with great inner drive, go so much further than people with vastly superior talent.” -Sophia Loren

leonprimrose

Post by leonprimrose » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:00 am

best villain I can think of at this moment is Gluttony. I know I liked another one better but I can't think of it.

Caffeine

Re: Your favorite anatagonist/villian?

Post by Caffeine » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:03 am

drawerkid wrote: Through I do feel that Tito Kubo may have given him a ability that's, a tad, on the almost invincible side;
Tite. Or Titty. I prefer the latter.

My favorite villain is Legato Bluesummers from Trigun. I think all the villains in Trigun are cool but he's the craziest and he has blue hair. Plus in the manga he's sexy, and just listen to that Japanese voice dub!
Second is that weird Hoenheim clone guy! He's just funny.
You can't get rid of me.
Deviantart: here

Ceta
MWS moderator

Re: Your favorite anatagonist/villian?

Post by Ceta » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:16 am

Heath Ledger's version of the Joker. Simply awesome.

I also agree with gatrosk in saying Sephiroth.

ROB3R7 wrote:who's this sepharoth? O_o
You're joking, right?
Caffeine wrote:Tite. Or Titty. I prefer the latter.
As a little amusing fact, the word "tite" in Tagalog -- national language of the Philippines -- means "penis".

Yaz

Post by Yaz » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:47 pm

I gotta go with Gastrosk and Ceta.

Seph. Is God of all Fiction in my book. but that's just me.

but second place comes Carnage!
Cassidy is a nutcase so, man after my own heart

Dang...I gotta agree with Caff too Legato was beyond awesome. lol.
Wait >.< so was Midvalley the Horn Freak. AHH!!! Too many villians I like!

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:21 pm

Ceta wrote:Heath Ledger's version of the Joker. Simply awesome.
ah, of course, of course. how could i forget heath ledger's joker? i guess i just wasn't thinking of film. but yes, he was a fantastic villain.

DancingBlade

Post by DancingBlade » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:51 pm

I think mine is Uluquiorra from Bleach.
/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

If you agree Aether is a cute kitty, put Mr Huggles in your sig now :3

leonprimrose

Post by leonprimrose » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:20 pm

a random ninja wrote:
ah, of course, of course. how could i forget heath ledger's joker? i guess i just wasn't thinking of film. but yes, he was a fantastic villain.
I actually was thinking more along the lines of anime so that didn't even come to mind XD but yeah. he's totally the best

drawerkid

Post by drawerkid » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:47 pm

leonprimrose wrote:
a random ninja wrote:
I actually was thinking more along the lines of anime so that didn't even come to mind XD but yeah. he's totally the best
At first it was for manga but everyone diverted to other villian of different media, to which there's too many for to list.

I also agree with gatrosk in saying Sephiroth.
I have too agree Sephiroth is the baddest amoung video villian, maybe of all villian.

Since I never actually saw the movie, I can't really say but everyone say the acting he did was one of the best among actors. Maybe I check it out once it's out on dvd, if it isn't already.

Can you please move this thread to general talk, since isn't limited to only manga anymore?

Caffeine

Post by Caffeine » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:22 am

Yaz wrote: Dang...I gotta agree with Caff too Legato was beyond awesome. lol.
Wait >.< so was Midvalley the Horn Freak. AHH!!! Too many villians I like!
I like Midvalley too, it's interesting that he isn't religiously devoted to Knives or crazy like the rest and is really just looking out for himself. I liked Razlo while he was around too, he was so crazy childish! (And is it just me or does Livio always have a very detailed butt?) All that aside, my favorite Gung Ho Gun will always be Chapel! Damn you Razlo, I miss his nose!

I still haven't seen that latest Batman movie. I guess I'm really missing out.
You can't get rid of me.
Deviantart: here

R0B3R7

Post by R0B3R7 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:02 am

i wasn't kidding D:
dA