pirate manga

Here you can talk about anything anime and manga related.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

a random ninja
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

pirate manga

Post by a random ninja » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:47 pm

does anyone know of any pirate manga besides one piece?

Ceta
MWS moderator
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Ceta » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:33 pm

For me, nope. One Piece is the only one I can think of.

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:57 pm

oh, i forgot about destiny's hand...so, any others besides those two? anyone?

Dominion

Post by Dominion » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:06 pm

There's Captain Harlock, the Space Pirate if that counts? :shock:

There's also "Polly & the Pirates" which is someones custom Manga on Amazon.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

If you agree Aether is a cute kitty, put Mr Huggles in your sig now :3

Caffeine

Post by Caffeine » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:00 am

I know a whole bunch of butt pirate manga, does that count?
You can't get rid of me.
Deviantart: here

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:19 am

Caffeine wrote:I know a whole bunch of butt pirate manga, does that count?
Well, he never said they had to be sea pirates.... :D

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:06 am

touche, guys.

so let me clarify:

anyone know any other SEA PIRATE manga =]

although space/air pirates are also very cool.

butt pirates aren't really my thing, but hey, nothing against those of you whose thing it is =]

Caffeine

Post by Caffeine » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:27 am

XD AHAHAHA!
I was scared of being scolded for bad taste.
There's a webcomic I know of, it' probably not your kind of pirate.. They're sea, modern-day, canadian, vampire and butt pirates? Well, maybe only one half a butt pirate. http://vampirates.comicgenesis.com/
I love Hassan.
You can't get rid of me.
Deviantart: here

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:35 am

haha, nah i'm not really one to judge other people's tastes. to each his own and all that.

but geez, that's a lot of different kinds of pirates all rolled up into one! it may not be my thing, but i'll at least check it out and see! =]

Dominion

Post by Dominion » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:42 am

Isn't Vampirates some kind of teen reading book?

My friend gave it to me telling me it was the best thing since sliced bread...and it's so abyssmal it makes me want to cry T.T

It's kind of scary someone twisted it into that :lol:

Anyway, I'm sorry but I can't think of any other pirate manga type things. Guess you've found a realitevely untapped market there, someone should take advantage! :wink:
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

If you agree Aether is a cute kitty, put Mr Huggles in your sig now :3

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:17 pm

Why would you want any other pirate manga when you have one piece. :evil:

Oh, you want a Johnny Depp pirate probably, huh?
arrgh, bilgerats and such!

how far have you read one piece? is it the english version? or the origianl japanese? or fansubs and scanlations? (those are the best by the way)

Aether
Location: the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear

Post by Aether » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:39 pm

One Piece is awesome. Although, I found the art to be rather disappointing... it could've been better. And as for the story, well before they all got to Alabasta it was really cool... but when they got to that, I felt they spent way too much time there and it just got boring.

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:48 pm

i didn't like the art much either, at first, but it grew on me. i've read actual translated versions. the one you buy in bookstores and such. up through like volume 16. great stuff. i enjoy it immensely. but i just like pirates in general, so i was just curious if anyone else knew of any other pirate manga out there. and you're right, dom, it IS an untapped market. i should jump all over that and create my own.

Yaz

Post by Yaz » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:19 pm

Really, you guys didn't like the art in One Piece? I always thought it was neat. Some of the tones in the manga disturbed me but the somewhat careless look of the art I always thought was appealing haha. But as far as I know, the pirate scenario is pretty rare.

So you should make one and put it on the market!!

a random ninja

Post by a random ninja » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:04 pm

well like i said, it grew on me. just didn't care much for it at first. now i love oda's style! but yes, i definitely should do a pirate manga/comic. i'll see about getting to work on that =]

EDIT: i think i'd like to do an air pirate story. and i think it'd be more character driven than plot driven. so, it may not have a terribly innovative story, but it'd be lots of good ol' fashioned fun =] maybe with lots of smaller arcs, eventually tying into a larger story. semi-episodic.