gunbuster, diebuster

Here you can talk about anything anime and manga related.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
major banana
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

gunbuster, diebuster

Post by major banana » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:55 pm

I'm thinking about obtaining Gunbuster and Die buster along with it, but i've read things about 'gunbuster renewal'. Anyone have an idea what that is? I thought there was only the 6ep ova and the new series?

Aether
Location: the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Aether » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:15 am

I don't know what you're talking about. It sounds German though. Seriously, say it out loud in a harsh, angry voice and you'll see.

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:47 pm

Gunbuster is an original anime series by GAINAX in the late 80's (you know...the guys who did evangelion and FLCL), so it's about giant robots and girls.
Diebuster, also known as gunbuster 2, is the follow-up that came in 2004.

and thats pretty much all i know about it. i am planning on renting both series, i've herd great things about them.

here is more info on the series:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunbuster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diebuster

Aether
Location: the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear

Post by Aether » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:56 pm

I could click on those links... but that would involve me doing something. I'll just take your word for it.

Dominion

Post by Dominion » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:18 pm

Woooooooow <3

I used to have Gunbuster on video.

It was terrible and made no sense but it was one of the first anime movies I ever saw :D (I say movies because it all came as one and linked together into one biiiiiiig giant episode/movie type thing)
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

If you agree Aether is a cute kitty, put Mr Huggles in your sig now :3

major banana

Post by major banana » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:09 pm

Just finished gunbuster and now watching die buster and i like it a lot. It's basically macross meets gundam and add lots of fanservice (doesnt bother me much). With battles that go towards billions of units. The gunbuster is the second most badass main mecha i've ever seen (first place is sdf macross).

Die buster is gunbuster meets FLCL with boatloads of references and tiny details. Since i liked both, this one is even better.

edit just finished die buster

WHAT A SEQUEL

Really HUGE scale battles too and even more references to other shows.