2008 Anime

Here you can talk about anything anime and manga related.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

2008 Anime

Post by Dustin C. » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:22 pm

so guys, is there anything new in the anime world that looks interesting?

the emphasis on "new", and not bleach or naruto either.

Def Character
Mod-Squad Captain
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Def Character » Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:27 pm

Dustins right :mrgreen:
Kay peeps 2008 is a new year. Lets all go on a search finding new anime and new manga and new ideas ^^d

bloodyspasm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by bloodyspasm » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:53 am

eyeshield 21 (american football anime I think)
(haven't watched it yet, but it's up there on my list)

tsubasa chronicle
(I think the OVA's are way better than the actual anime, more action in them..)

and from the creators of death note: devil may cry
(liked it, but needs more action)

currently watching naruto, bleach and one piece =)

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:05 am

Interesting anime I've been missing out on due to my schedule:
-- PERSONA -trinity soul-
-- Rosario+Vampire
-- Sylvarie (Took some liberties with the spelling on this one. In romaji, the title is written as "Shuvarie")
-- Eyeshield 21
-- Toward the Terra

Always watching:
-- Bleach
-- Naruto

Upcoming series:
-- Baccano (February)
-- Monochrome Factor (April)

Watching reruns of:
-- Dragonball Z
-- Keroro Gunso (Dororo is the best. ^_^ )
-- Gundam Seed
-- Hayate no Gotoku

Unfortunately, I can't really be of help in terms of manga. Sorry.
Last edited by Ceta on Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:31 pm

awesome list ^^

so eyeshield anime is looking good nowadays huh? i watched the first few but couldnt get into it. mainly because i'm currently reading the manga up-to-date too. so i already knew what was going to happen :p

anyone know if kaji worth watching?

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:59 am

The Eyeshield anime gets more interesting as you go from what I hear, but I really haven't been able to catch more than a couple episodes here and there. Since you're reading the manga, you're likely not missing out on anything aside from any and all filler episodes they put in.

For Kaiji, I read a sum-up of what the story is like, but I don't really know if it's the kind of anime I'd get into. Just one of those see it before you judge it type of series I think. I'll probably rent it to see what it's like when I have the time. Well, that is if I don't forget about it before then. :P

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:25 pm

Couple more titles:

--> Tenpou Ibun Ayakashi Ayashi (Strange Tale in the Tenpou Era, Ayakashi Ayashi) -- A story set in feudal times featuring swordsmen and demons. Although I've only seen the first episode, what I saw was pretty sweet. Check it out if you get the chance.

--> Kyouryou King: D-Kids Adventure (Dinosaur King: D-Kids Adventure) -- This one is kinda like a mix between Pokemon and Digimon. A bit on the kiddy side, but amusing to watch. If you really like dinosaurs, then you might enjoy this one.

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:18 pm

yeah, i read about the dino king game in nintendo's magazine.
i think its already a dub in the US. i'll check it out. ^^

bloodyspasm

Post by bloodyspasm » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:48 pm

just out of curiosity, does anybody here actually watch the dubs?

I prefer to watch anime in its original language...

though as a child It was helpful to have them in your native language (I'm thinking of stuff like pokemon, beyblade and other kid's animes)

yet at this point in time I've come to dislike the dubs (one piece dubs are awful...) only good one I've seen were some eps of fullmetal alchemist (Al and Ed on the island, having to kill a bunny for dinner :P)

konflikti

Post by konflikti » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:55 pm

Golden Boy had awesome dub. That's pretty much it.

I've pretty much ditched animu for now. Last thing I watched was TTGL. Mostly because it was EPIC. Now I've just been reading manga.
Why don't we share a solitude? Let's travel alone, together.

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:12 pm

bloodyspasm wrote:just out of curiosity, does anybody here actually watch the dubs?

I prefer to watch anime in its original language...
heh.... Everything I watch is in its original language. It's all I can watch. :P

only good one I've seen were some eps of fullmetal alchemist (Al and Ed on the island, having to kill a bunny for dinner :P)
If you haven't seen the episode titled "Fullmetal vs. Flame", you're missing out. That's probably the most awesome episode in the series.

Aether
Location: the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear

Post by Aether » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:46 pm

"That day, all female officers will be required to wear... TINY MINI SKIRTS!"
"You're a miracle Mustang, I'll follow you for the rest of my life!"
"Yes."

Awesomest part of FullMetal vs. Flame ever! >_<

major banana

Post by major banana » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:58 pm

Subs only for me. The english voice actors are usually BAD. If they're bad in japanese i don't really notice it (since i don't understand japanese)

Ok i don't know if this is 2008 or 2007 or anything.

-already seen & approved

denno coil
aria the animation
mushi-shi
ergo proxy

-waiting for

macross f
trinity blood
aria the natural & ova
black jack
and a whole load of other stuff that might be worth it.

So far only denno coil really kept me hooked. Not an instant classic but it reminded me of melancholy of haruhi suzumiya and ergo proxy. When i first saw that, it was something interesting between a load of grey anime junk.

TheDarkHell

Post by TheDarkHell » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:01 am

konflikti wrote:Golden Boy had awesome dub. That's pretty much it.
damn right !! ... "A black bra ... life a mystery" ;D

and as for anime 2008:

- gundam 00
- Spice and wolf
- zoku sayonara zetsubo sensei (its the second season of sayonara zetsubo sensei).
- clanned TV

those are some good series i am watching on the moment.

ow btw Dustin .. i am not sure if your watching Hayate no gotoku .. but just download episode 39 .. its gurren lagann all over again xD (hayate no gotoku is a butler serie which spoofs alot of other animes, games and movies .. in a funny way :D).

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:01 am

sounds cool, i'll definitely check it out :D