Host comics?

Here you can talk about anything anime and manga related.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

What genre is your fave?

Magical girl/boy
No votes
school romance
13%
fantasy
38%
edo period (samurai)
No votes
yuri/yaoi/romance
25%
mecha
No votes
shounen (lotsa fighting), so dragonball z and stuff
25%

Total votes: 8

Cuperos
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Host comics?

Post by Cuperos » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:04 pm

What do you think will happen if this forum (not sure if you did already...haven't gone beyond the forum yet)

if it hosted complete, long running (at most) comics/manga?

Aether
Location: the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Woot woot!

Post by Aether » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:17 pm

FANTASY! WOO!
Yeah, I'm totally into fantasy manga, you know FullMetal Alchemist, Bleach, Tales of Symphonia, .hack//The Legend of the Twilight Bracelet, Orphen, Naruto. All that jazz. If I missed something, then TOUGH LUCK!

Woot! First reply!

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:01 pm

wait, you mean host published mangas, or amatuer stuff made by the members here?

VIIStar

Post by VIIStar » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:11 pm

isn't there a member's manga section on the main site?
http://mangaworkshop.net/manga/?manga=mm
there are some completed amature ones there.

are you asking about making something like comicgenesis or drunkduck?

Aether

JOHNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Post by Aether » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:06 am

I don't think Cuperos is replying... we're gonna have to fend for ourselves boys! and/or girls! Quickly! Get to the bunker! We'll be safe there! NO! NOOOOOOOOOO!

JOHNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Cuperos

Post by Cuperos » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:52 pm

wat is this one shot...newbie stereotype going on in this forum?

I meant amateur...its just common sense...putting up already published stuff is just plain wrong....

man...clicking page by page is pretty tedious...can't it be formatted into a proper webcomic format where there is a previous and next button?

grrr...i want my comic up...but i have no artist...i've put up a thread bout it too....nothing so far...not even a comment on y its not being acknowledged or taken seriously...like those other threads...

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:04 pm

Cuperos wrote:wat is this one shot...newbie stereotype going on in this forum?
It's one of those things that happens quite often. A newbie will drop in, post one non-introduction message in a new thread then disappear. If you're a newbie but don't respond in a fairly quick manner to any replies made to the thread, then you fall into that category until you respond.

grrr...i want my comic up...but i have no artist...i've put up a thread bout it too....nothing so far...not even a comment on y its not being acknowledged or taken seriously...like those other threads...
You'll need to give it some time before you can get responses to your thread. This board doesn't move that quickly, so you may not receive responses that quickly. Also, since you're still new, it's not likely you'll receive the responses you're looking for since no one knows who you are just yet or the things you're fully capable of. Stick around long enough, though, and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

Aether

Post by Aether » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:53 am

Ceta is right... AGAIN!
Damn from now on you and me are gonna be like Kakashi and Guy! I'm Guy and you're Kakashi. YOU'RE MY RIVAL!

But yeah, just give it time. This isn't exactly a huge forum, it's a quaint cottage forum that sips tea once in a while. Post on other threads and post in proper english, because seriously, all I got from you was... whinge whinge whinge no-one whinge whinge post whing whinge whinge whinge I want a finished manga!

Honestly, on this site who doesn't want a finished manga? You have to be patient and smart about what you do. :)

Caffeine

Post by Caffeine » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:09 am

I think your poll is a little odd. A shonen can also be a fantasy, I'd say mecha is a subgenre of sci-fi ect..
It's hard to pick a favorite too.. I like cool shonen fight scenes, but I hate it when they take forever and are pointless.. I like some of the philosophy stuff that goes into SOME science fiction. (Ghost in the Shell FTW~! And A Clockwork Orange but that's prose! And Trigun!) Evangelion is the only mecha I've ever really seen (and liked).
Romance by itself is usually boring, except for a few... Oh, I'm rambling.

I'd bet BL would overrun if this became a comic hosting site. Look at Smackjeeves, it has shonen-ai coming out it's ears.
(it makes the sprite comicers angry for some reason..)
You can't get rid of me.
Deviantart: here

Cuperos

Post by Cuperos » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:43 pm

I'm referencing shonen for things like outlaw star and gungrave...you know gun fighting and martial arts...

fantasy...is proper full scale adventure....with swords magic and stuff...like .hack o elemental gelade...where the appeal is the experience and not just the fighting....

@aethur: can't help it...besides other people can understand adequately...so either adapt or remain clueless.

Aether

Triforce

Post by Aether » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:50 pm

Well I don't know if anyone else can, but I'm seeing dots everywhere and it's tripping me out something chronic! *sigh
Guess I'll have to adapt... or do I?
TRIFORCE POWER! UNITE!
*blinding light!

... Nope that doesn't work either

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:47 pm

Cuperos wrote:I'm referencing shonen for things like outlaw star and gungrave...you know gun fighting and martial arts...
actually, thats seinen. shonen is more like naruto and one piece.
Aether wrote: I'm Guy
its spelled Gai...sensei.

Caffeine

Post by Caffeine » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:12 pm

it's pronounced the same, unless you're french.
You can't get rid of me.

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:34 am

anyway about the online manga viewing idea.
it sounds good, to be able to scrolle through the member mangas like a gallery. why not talk with Firstborn, the man who made MWS , and see if he likes the idea?

Caffeine

Post by Caffeine » Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:19 am

howabout some First page, Prev page, next page, last page buttons?
You can't get rid of me.