Seeking Artist for Swashbuckling Seinen Manga Collaboration

If you want to show off your website or webcomic or if you are looking for artists for assignments, this is the place to be.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

danielking2210

Seeking Artist for Swashbuckling Seinen Manga Collaboration

Post by danielking2210 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:14 pm

Title: Endless Skies: The Nautilus
Genre: Seinen, "Steam Opera"
Style: Seinen, Cowby Bebop, Trigun-esque.
Length of Project: 28 Chapters, 30-40 pages each (So far. I'm currently plotting and developing a 2nd and possibly/probably a 3rd "season"!)
Expectations (for completion/schedule): Would discuss with artist to see what would be most effective
Compensation (commission or collaboration): Collaboration that I plan on publishing on the web and possibly/probably in print, so a 50/50 deal would be arranged.
Short Summary: Set in a fictional steampunk world. An infamous, rogue, but likeable sky pirate, with a score of bounties on his head seeks revenge on a fellow pirate who betrayed him, killing his whole crew and 6 month pregnant fiancee, but failing to kill him due to a freak, unfortunate accident (at least he, at first, sees it as unfortunate). He assembles another crew, years later, after recovering from a gunshot wound to the head and finding out the antagonist is currently searching for a long lost treasure, Black Beard himself the only to have known it's location (though he never got to it as the Imperials hung, drew, and quartered him before he could). A treasure of mythical power. A treasure said to be from the gods themselves. He and his crew must overcome the Imperial government, which has outlawed piracy under penalty of death; the protagonist's various histories (bad blood) with other pirates; other pirate crews searching for the treasure as well; and his own, deeply, and immensely dark past, one that he has long been trying to escape for fear it will consume him. Main Themes: Camaraderie, Desire for Salvation/Retribution/Redemption, Representation of LGBT characters as more important to the story than just their sexual/romantic orientation, The evils of Imperialism, Love as a vagrant (Only the very best pirates live long, and even then, not for that long for obvious reasons)
Character designs, links to examples, and extra, pertinent information: Artist must be able to draw steampunk-esque things (skyships steam-powered cities, floating cities, clothing, weapons, etc.), explosions, heavy fighting scenes, some sexy characters (nothing too explicit), intimate romantic scenes (it is a "steam opera" after all :lol: ), some fantasy creatures and slightly fantastical races, needs good ability with skyships that use sails and floatation devices (blimps, thrusters, etc). I have illustrations I've done of the main characters that I can give as reference.

Any other questions anyone might have, just ask! :D

P.S. I plan on trying to have it made into a full animation series (since I first started writing it as a screenplay for animation).

P.S.S. I'm new to this site and manga creation in general, so please be kind :D :P