Japanese web manga

If you want to show off your website or webcomic or if you are looking for artists for assignments, this is the place to be.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

hikosan

Japanese web manga

Post by hikosan » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:14 am

I'm new to the forum so I'm not sure if I'm posting this
to the correct thread/category, but I am working in Tokyo
maintaining a site where Japanese indie mangaka (who
don't have contracts with magazines etc. yet) upload their
works and manga fans can read them for free. (They're all
original works, so you won't find Naruto, Bleach or any
published stuff there, but there's a lot of nice manga that
can compete with the above). Basically anyone can upload
their manga for free there, no matter the language, but
so far everything is 100% in Japanese.

We're planning to expand the site and create an English
version in the near future, implement a translation tool as well
etc., but for now it's in Japanese only.

If you like, have a look. ^^

http://mang.jp/

Ceta
MWS moderator

Re: Japanese web manga

Post by Ceta » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:17 am

Thanks for posting. I moved the topic to the advertisement section but left a shadow copy just in case anyone wishes to discuss the topic.

I was looking through the site and thought it was interesting. I'm sure that people here would be interested in posting to your site once there are directions listed in English. If you ever need translation help, please feel free to ask and I'll do what I can to assist.

サイトのことを教えてくれてありがとうございました。広告のところに移動しましたが、誰かがあなたのサイトのことを話したい場合、元の場所にコピーを残しておきました。

アップロードされた漫画をチラッと観てみました。面白そうでしたので時間があれば、もう少しゆっくり読もうと思っています。サイトの英語版が完成できたら、このフォラムの漫画を描いているメンバーもアップロードするかもしれません。

ところで、もし翻訳の手伝いを求めているなら、ぜひ、いつでも聞いてください。翻訳者としての経験はほぼないんですが、頑張って手伝ってあげます。

mike1377

Post by mike1377 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:56 am

This site definitely has potential. I think the best thing you could do to get high quality artists is to offer about half of the advertisement payment the best artists make, and they'll still take it due to it making their work more public.

jeriokelive

Post by jeriokelive » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:11 pm

I am extremely interested in the translation tool. But, of course, I would be worried that while the translation may be correct... the characters themselves may be wrong for the situation...? I think I read somewhere that there are many characters that mean the same thing, but combine them incorrectly and you're misunderstood? I've only made it through the first japanese "Class" in Rosetta Stone... so, yeah.

I just realized that this is an old thread. Please forgive me for reviving it.

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:39 am

I don't understand what you mean. Can you point me to the places where you think I'm incorrect?

jeriokelive

Post by jeriokelive » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:48 pm

Oh, no, please don't misunderstand. Ceta, I wasn't critiquing your translation. Just pointing out what could be a possible problem with a translation "tool". Specifically, if it was translating to Kanji?

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:37 pm

Sorry, I'm still not really understanding you. What translation tool are you talking about?

jeriokelive

Post by jeriokelive » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:53 pm

Ceta wrote:Sorry, I'm still not really understanding you. What translation tool are you talking about?
The OP mentioned that the site might have a translation tool. I am really starting to regret replying to this topic. I never meant to offend you. I was excited about the site and the possible tool, so that I can translate my manga more easily. I was only concerned about how accurate a tool like that could be.

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:03 pm

jeriokelive wrote:The OP mentioned that the site might have a translation tool. I am really starting to regret replying to this topic. I never meant to offend you.
For the record, I'm not offended. I was simply confused by what you were talking about and was asking for clarification.
I was excited about the site and the possible tool, so that I can translate my manga more easily. I was only concerned about how accurate a tool like that could be.
I'm sure many people would be excited about that as well. However, having already experienced using the translate tools already available on various websites, such as Google and Babelfish, the only way that you're guaranteed to get 100% accuracy is to hire a translator. Would be nice to have a free translation program, though, since you won't have to worry about language barriers (or cost) and can get your work out to people of many countries.

jeriokelive

Post by jeriokelive » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:22 pm

feeling111 wrote:'m still not really understanding you. What translation tool are you talking about?
cheap fifa 14 coins
fifa 14 ultimate team coins
fifa coins online
Read the first post again. He mentions the possibility of adding a translation tool to the site he is working on.

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:54 pm

jeriokelive wrote:Read the first post again. He mentions the possibility of adding a translation tool to the site he is working on.
He's a spam bot.
Follow me on dA and Tumblr:
Deviantart
Tumblr

jeriokelive

Post by jeriokelive » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:48 pm

rabid panda wrote:
jeriokelive wrote:Read the first post again. He mentions the possibility of adding a translation tool to the site he is working on.
He's a spam bot.
Doh! I could have noticed the copy/paste of the previous post... Thanks.

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:49 am

jeriokelive wrote:Doh! I could have noticed the copy/paste of the previous post... Thanks.
Good rule of thumb round here is if people are posting random links that aren't relevant to the topic at hand they are spam bots.
Follow me on dA and Tumblr:
Deviantart
Tumblr

jeriokelive

Post by jeriokelive » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:09 am

rabid panda wrote:
jeriokelive wrote:Doh! I could have noticed the copy/paste of the previous post... Thanks.
Good rule of thumb round here is if people are posting random links that aren't relevant to the topic at hand they are spam bots.
Certainly, but I very rarely pay any attention to links as I've conditioned myself to ignore them unless they contain certain keywords that grab my attention. Lol. So I only saw the copied text. It also didn't help any that I replied from my phone and, given the previous confusion, my reply was pretty much automated. :P