Manga Artist Desired

If you want to show off your website or webcomic or if you are looking for artists for assignments, this is the place to be.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

BelieveComics

Manga Artist Desired

Post by BelieveComics » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:30 am

Title: Remebrance
Genre: Fantasy/Magical
Style: Shoujo/Magical Girl
Length of Project: Several Months
Expectations (for completion/schedule): You will have several months to complete
Compensation (commission or collaboration): Comission for work-for-hire. Price is upon to discussion based on your talents.
Short Summary: Remembrance follows five kids that suddenly obtain magical powers from an ancient line of witches. They have to figure out how to use these new powers and just how their lives are going to change because of having them.
Character designs, links to examples, and extra, pertinent information: You must be comfortable drawing demons if you do the interior pages. Homosexual character and religious overtunes are in the story.

I am looking first for someone to redesign the characters from a previous artists work. Then I will be hunting down for someone to do the interior pages. I am on a limited budget, but I am willing to pay something for the artist that takes on this project. This series will also see publication at a comic book store in San Francisco so this would help you gain some exposure in the comic book medium as well, so consider that also if you want to take on this project.

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:31 am

Just wondering, since you had stated the project will only last for several months, how many chapters are you planning the story to be. Also, how many pages per chapter? Lastly, how quick of a turnaround are you expecting for each page? 1 per day? 1 every couple days? Or is that up to the artist?

draxoh

Post by draxoh » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:41 am

Interested!
Please do visit my gallery on DA to see if you like the style.
=)

http://hahahayuus.deviantart.com

And my e-mail is:
hahahayuus@hotmail.com

BelieveComics

Post by BelieveComics » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:40 am

Right now I am not looking for the interior page artist of the series. I am looking for the artist to do the character designs from my notes and from a previous artists work. These designs by the former artist will give you a basis of what I am wanting, but I am wanting something that is a little more high quality then what was produced previously.

When it finally comes down to the artist for the interior pages each book will be done in typical comic book format as a 22 page comic book. The artist would have several months to complete the book as publication of the book will not take place until early 2011. I am trying to get several issues "in the can" before I begin selling on the shelves in San Francisco. Due to the fact that this is not going to be published right away the artist would not be on a rigid schedule, but would need to be completeing the work in a timely fashion. When I stated several months I was trying to say that there is not a rigid schedule as you would be contracted to do one issue and if we work together pretty well the individual I hire could be doing several other issues. I hope this helps clear some of this up.

draxoh

Post by draxoh » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:59 am

Still, I'm interested!
I used to be character design for some developing game companies so guess i'm somewhat experienced...
Anyway just let me know if you need help then.
=)

Ceta
MWS moderator

Post by Ceta » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:10 pm

ah...Thanks for clearing that up.

While I don't have anything very recent to show, I'm more than willing to give a test sample (meaning I'll revamp one of the characters you have based on information provided without expectation of charge) to let you see if my style is what you're looking for.

rabid panda

Post by rabid panda » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:38 pm