READ ME FIRST! Rules

If you want to show off your website or webcomic or if you are looking for artists for assignments, this is the place to be.

Moderators: FirstBorn, Zephio, Ceta

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

READ ME FIRST! Rules

Post by Dustin C. » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:07 pm

Hello everyone, and to new members welcome to MangaworkshopForums.
This is a Rules and Guidlines ReadMe for people requesting artists and projects.
We have made the "In search for artwork/artists/assignments" section specifically for those seeking artists! Or if you are an artist, here is where you can ask for work as well. ^_^

DO NOT REPLY IN THIS TOPIC AT ALL!!!

----

Rules & Guidelines:

For Those Seeking Artists for Projects
1. Be nice and polite when posting a new topic, and always use proper internet manners. Also write in plain English with correct spelling if possible, try to be as professional as you can.

2. When posting your project, please include as much detail as possible for the artist to become interested, as well as to show what it is that you want from the artist. You don't need to give any major details about the project itself, but you should at least tell us what you're wanting to do. Is it an anime project? A manga project? A series of manga projects? In addition, what styles are you looking for? What kinds of things will you require your artists to specialize in? For example, demons, angels, fighters (and fight scenes), etc. What genres are you aiming for? What age group are you writing for?

3. If you are posting a story for a manga series you want drawn, then please post a short one-paragraph synopsis of the story, not the entire script, panel for panel, page for page. A large script in a forum usually goes unnoticed and ignored due to it's immense size. Short and Simple is better.

4. If you have managed to interest people in your project, they may ask questions. If so, please be polite and also be prepared for criticism and comments. It is not garunteed that people will like your project, but do not get upset or people will become less interested.
Keep in mind that artists live with criticism all the time and they are only trying to help one another with it.

5. Do not demand that people give you art. Do not ask to meet In Real Life. All transactions can only be made through the internet, because most of the artists here are spread throughout the world.

6. Also check out the main website here: http://mangaworkshop.net/. This is where you can browse through the artists and even email them with an request. However keep two things in mind; Follow these rules and know that most of the artists here on MWS are Amateurs in the art world. Only a handful of Professionals and Intermediate artists play here.

7. To all people seeking artists for their projects, please take a look at he following post made by Viistar.

----

For Those Seeking Artists for Projects
1. Be nice and polite when posting a new topic, and always use proper internet manners. Also write in plain English with correct spelling if possible, try to be as professional as you can.

2. When asking for a project to work on, introduce yourself and explain what type of art you specialize in or what you can do. Also sampleas of your work would be nice as well. When posting sample, only include a link to a few pictures. Do NOT post the picture itself into the forum.

3. Do not expect an immediate reply, other people may take their time before approaching you. If you cant wait, then head to the writing section and begin to create your own project instead!

----

Well thats it for the rules! Try to stay within the guidelines and have a good time talking with other like-minded people here at Mangaworkshop!

Thanks go out to Ceta, Rabid Panda and Viistar for helping to create this Readme. ~_^
Last edited by Dustin C. on Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

VIIStar

Post by VIIStar » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:09 pm

I know, i know... no replies... but as a suggestion....
it seems one of the problems that creates a point of contention is that the posters looking for artists really aren't pitching their projects or don't know how to. we don't need the heart of a work to get a feel for what would be expected, but some information is needed.

Title:
Genre:
Style:
Length of Project:
Expectations (for completion/schedule):
Compensation (commission or collaboration):
Short Summary:
Character designs, links to examples, and extra, pertinent information:

an example from one of my ideas:

Title: Crush
Genre: Middle School / Shoujo
Style: Shoujo, I'm getting an Angelic Layer vibe, cute, but not too cute
Length of Project: No more than 10 chapters of 20 pgs each
Expectations (for completion/schedule): At least two pages per week. (which would say the project would take 2 years or less?) posted to a webcomic site. (ie comicgen or drunk duck)
Compensation: This would be a collab for xp and credit, no money
Short Summary: A young girl rabidly wants to murder one of her classmates and seems to go out of her way to think up malicious and clever tricks to form his 'accidental' demise. Her plans start simple and work their way towards extreme, with the young boy surviving every trap. About halfway though the plot will twist to focus of why she wants him dead. (which is the heart of the work)
Character designs, links to examples, and extra, pertinent information: Artist will need to be able to draw explosions, technical items, cars, bikes, desks, but no heavy fighting scenes. needs good ability for interior spaces and objects found in classrooms. may need missile references. (no links to design ideas, cause well, did this last night, but they would go here)

any suggestions for the form?

Dustin C.
Jounin Moderator

Post by Dustin C. » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:27 am

excellent idea Vii! i've added a new rule to the list, #7.
and of course i added credit to you as well. ^_^

However in order to keep this sticky thread clean, i am locking it.
if you do have suggestions, then i welcome you to make a new topic with your ideas! if it fits and is beneficial to the rules, then it will be considered for addition.

^_^